Security Sleeves RFID Identity Protector Set of 4 Plus Passport Sleeve
Thieves can easily purchase RFID scanners online or build their own to steal your information right through your regular purse or wallet! RFID Blocking Sleeves technology has been tested and approved by the National Institute of Standards and Technology. They help protect you from identity theft by preventing communication with a RFID reader while the card is in its RFID Blocking Sleeve.
These are the same RFID Credit Card Sleeves that you've seen on numerous “electronic pickpocketing” TV news reports.Did you know that many credit cards, driver's licenses, transit cards, government identification cards, school, hospital, and company identification cards, all passports and passport cards issued since October 2006, have a Radio-Frequency-Identification chip embedded inside them? These chips carry your personal information.
Why You Need RFID Blocking Credit Card and Secure Sleeves
Because you have a:
- Debit or Credit Card - MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover. All have begun shipping cards that have contactless smart-card systems.
- U.S. Passports and U.S. Passport Cards Due to federal mandate, as of October 26, 2006, all U.S. passports and passport cards are equipped with contactless chips.
- US Permanent Resident (green) Card - Due to federal mandate, as of October 26, 2006, all US Permanent Resident Green Cards are equipped with contactless chips.
- TWIC Card - The Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) contains an RFID chip. Personal information including fingerprint templates can be read from the RFID chip.
- Employer ID/Proximity Card - Many companies now have contactless access cards for entry into secure buildings and gates as well as for accessing secure computer systems.
- Enhanced Driver’s License - Many states are beginning to issue enhanced driver’s licenses with integrated long range RFID chips. Our Secure Sleeve products will block these licenses from being read at a distance.
- Government Employee PIV Card - Because of federal mandate HSPD-12, all government agencies are required to start issuing standard cards with a contactless interface as of October 26, 2006